Lady Bears ready for season

The Lady Bears soccer team practices to prepare for the start of the 2016 season.

Rhaneahqua Higgins, Reporter

Running down the field during their 40-forty minute halves giving their all, the girls soccer team dread the season getting closer and closer to being over with every game that passes.

“I’ve been playing since I was four,” junior Sienna Rodriguez said. “My favorite memory had to be last year when my club team won the state cup. Soccer is a good hobby for me. I’d love to play in college for whoever offers the most money.”

Most high school soccer players start at an early age.

“I was three years old when I first started playing soccer,” junior Amy Goode said. “I’ve had many great experiences, but the best so far is the time my select team went to North Carolina after winning state. I play because I enjoy playing hard teams and having to work together for a great win. I love the feeling after a long hard fought game when I know we gave it our all.”

This sport is very physical as well as intense. There is much more to learn about the positions on and off the field. Each position on the field carries its own responsibilities such as team work, trust and ability to follow through. Off the field these girls have created a bond that has helped them grow as a team.

“I get to interact with the ball more,” mid fielder Lacey Ellison said. “However, it is a more difficult position. I’ve been playing soccer since my parents decided to put me in it. I began playing around the age of seven and I’ve been in love with the sport ever since.”

For most of these athletes, soccer is more than just a sport. It is more of a passion in itself. The Lady Bears have trained hard and hope to exceed the expectations set in previous years.

“I can’t wait for the season to start,” Miesha Harvard said. “From bonding with my team to blood sweat and tears, its going to be an amazing season.”