Avengers Endgame: The End of an Era

The+end+of+a+Marvel+Cinematic+Universe+generation+leaves+fans+everywhere+shocked+and+curious+for+what%27s+to+come.+Endgame+appeared+in+theaters+on+April+26%2C+2019.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Avengers Endgame: The End of an Era

The end of a Marvel Cinematic Universe generation leaves fans everywhere shocked and curious for what's to come. Endgame appeared in theaters on April 26, 2019.

Makayla Bryant, Entertainment Editor

The tragic course of events set in motion by Thanos (Josh Brolin), wiped out half of the universe and fractured the remaining Avengers. The Avengers, now broken and disheartened, come together five years later in an attempt to time travel to the past and stop Thanos from ever getting the six infinity stones. Once Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) discovers a way to time travel and rejoins the remaining Avengers: Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Nebula (Karen Gillan), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), and War Machine (Don Cheadle), they embark on a journey to reclaim the infinity stones before Thanos does. But things don’t end up the way they plan, leaving the Avengers to time jump multiple more times before they obtain the stones. Thanos soon learns of their mission and takes drastic measures to prevent the Avengers from ever stopping him in the first place. With what’s left of the world’s mightiest heroes, they do whatever it takes to gain the world they once knew back. Will the Avengers defeat Thanos and bring back the rest of the superheros? Or will Thanos win, ending the Avengers as we know them?    

Earning a global total of $2.5 billion, Avengers Endgame smashed box office records and became the second highest grossing movie of all time. It wraps up the current Marvel movies, delivering an epic and over-the-top superhero adventure while honoring the past MCU films and characters. Endgame, not only honoring the past, also has grown to include new superheros from all across the universe, bringing them back for a heroic, final battle against Thanos. Avengers Endgame is the end of generation three, leaving fans to wonder what will come next.