Bastrop offers many summer activities

Zip-liners+walk+from+platform+to+platform%2C+preparing+to+zip+line+while+crossing+over+the+gorgeous+hill+country+of+Bastrop+and+Cedar+Creek.+
Zip-liners walk from platform to platform, preparing to zip line while crossing over the gorgeous hill country of Bastrop and Cedar Creek.

Makayla Bryant, Reporter

As the school year ends and summer begins, we find ourselves stuck at home or at a job, bored, wondering what we could possibly do on our free time that is not far away. Instead of doing nothing exciting all summer, whether it is relaxing or thrilling, here are six fun things that anyone can do in Bastrop County.

Lost Pines 8 Theater: Formerly known as the Chestnut Square Entertainment, it reopened in 2012 as the Lost Pines 8 Theater with four additional screens. Los t Pines 8 is a great place to go hang out with friends and watch big screen movies with a large bowl of popcorn or even cheesy nachos.

Bowling: In Lost Pines 8, is the bowling alley, where anyone can host or go to parties or simply just have fun. There is a large array of lounge seating where anyone can watch the TV overhead or the people bowling. There is also a convenient snack bar.

Colorado River: If anyone is looking to enjoy the cool water of the Colorado River during a hot summer day or just hang out with friends and family, the Bastrop River Company is the place to check out with an assortment of kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards, and tube rentals. The Bastrop River Company offers a wide variety of different times, routes, and leisurely activities depending on what people are interested in doing that day.

VanGogh & Paint: Located on Chestnut Street, and also known as Painting with a Twist, VanGogh & Paint is a great place to go for anyone looking to get out of the house. With a relaxing atmosphere and a great staff, this is an amazing place to go to get the creative juices flowing and make many memories.

Capital of Texas Zoo: With over 500 different animals, the Capital of Texas Zoo is small and intimate but offers one of the most unique experiences. With different animals ranging from peacocks to lemurs, zebras to emus, and bears to wallabies, this zoo has an amazing array of exotic animals that is not doubt enjoyable.

Zip Lost Pines: With six dual zip lines and three suspension bridges, Zip Lost Pines offers an experience to go soaring through the Lost Pines and Colorado River from platform to platform. If anyone wants to get out and see Bastrop County’s beautiful nature this is the place to go. Though reservations are required, they will try their best to accommodate walk-ins.