Owning yearbook has many benefits

Junior+Willa+Lyons+and+seniors+Neal+Norman+and+Dillon+Hoffman+look+through+last+year%E2%80%99s+yearbook+to+reminisce.+Many+students+buy+yearbooks+to+remember+their+friends+and+years+at+high+school.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Owning yearbook has many benefits

Junior Willa Lyons and seniors Neal Norman and Dillon Hoffman look through last year’s yearbook to reminisce. Many students buy yearbooks to remember their friends and years at high school.

River Parrish, Reporter

As your ten year high school reunion approaches, you breeze through your yearbook to refresh yourself with names and faces. When you enter the gym, you’re glad you did. What if you had never gotten a yearbook?  There are many benefits to owning a yearbook.

Many students enjoy buying yearbooks to remember fellow students and reminisce about the clubs and activities they were involved in. Several students at BHS said the only reason they had yearbooks was to look back on the fun times they had and see the friends or acquaintances they had after they graduate. Some add that they want to let their future children see what styles were in or who was friends with whom.

Other students said they would love to own a yearbook but simply cannot afford them. Yearbooks aren’t cheap but when considering how long they will last and how many laughs they will bring, the cost is worth it. For seniors there is the senior package discount and the early bird discount is available for everyone.

Yearbooks are books of memories. When it all comes down to it, yearbooks have more benefits than disadvantages. Although it’s too late to preorder a yearbook, they are still on sale. Yearbooks can be bought on the stage in the cafeteria during lunch or in room 302.