Review: The Fast and the Furious family is back on the big screen for an eighth movie

Fate+of+the+Furious+is+the+first+film+in+the+series+to+be+conceived+after+the+death+of+Paul+Walker+who+played+Brian+O%E2%80%99Conner+in+the+previous+films.+The+Fast+and+the+Furious+8+came+out+to+the+big+screen+April+14.+
Fate of the Furious is the first film in the series to be conceived after the death of Paul Walker who played Brian O’Conner in the previous films. The Fast and the Furious 8 came out to the big screen April 14.

Makayla Bryant, Reporter

The newest installment of the Fast and the Furious series begins during Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and Letty’s (Michelle Rodriguez) honeymoon. Of course, the opening scene is a street race in Cuba where Dom’s cousin gets into a little bit of trouble. During Dom’s time here, he runs into a cyberterrorist Cipher (Charlize Theron) who coerces him into working for her and betraying his team and family. This forces Dom’s team: Letty, Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), Roman (Tyrese Gibson), Tej (Ludacris), and Ramsey (Nathalie Emmanuel) to find him and take down Cipher. The team will face trials like never before. With help from Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), Agent Frank “Mr. Nobody” Petty (Kurt Russel), and Eric “Little Nobody” Reisner (Scott Eastwood), the team sets out to find Dom through God’s Eye. Will the team be able to bring home the man who turned them into a family?

The Fast and the Furious franchise has always been an action packed, high chase movie series but this recent movie brings it to a whole new level with the fear of Dom betraying his team, unexpected missions, explosions, and of course, the fast cars. Though it is hard to beat the “wow” factor of the seventh movie, the team literally drove cars out of an airplane in that one, the Fate of the Furious definitely keeps the theme of suspense the whole time.

In all, The Fast and the Furious 8 has destroyed global box office records with a total of $532.5 million and it wouldn’t be a shock if the director, F. Gary Gray, made a ninth movie.