Adidas sponsors BHS teams

Bringing+her+A+game%2C+junior+Breanna+Lester+sports+her+Adidas+basketball+gear++during+a+game+against+Rouse+on+Dec.+6.+The+Lady+Bears+defeated+Rouse+38+to+34.+

Bringing her A game, junior Breanna Lester sports her Adidas basketball gear during a game against Rouse on Dec. 6. The Lady Bears defeated Rouse 38 to 34.

Nastassia Carter, Reporter

All sports at BHS are sponsored by Adidas, including all varsity sports, football, track, basketball and volleyball. Adidas is a popular brand and they believe they have great things to offer to BHS.

“Adidas gave us a deal that will benefit all sports,” head football coach Todd Patmon said. “They have good products and we feel all teams need the same gear unify the sports.”

When athletic director Bob Jones met all the major vendors, he decided that Adidas was giving the best overall deal. If all sport programs buy Adidas products, then our school gets money back to buy more Adidas products.

“We will see how well it goes for our sports,” Patmon said. “Their products are great for all sports.”

Jones chose Adidas sponsorship for the first time to see what they have to offer to the athletic program. He is still transitioning, and searching for good opportunities for BISD athletes.

“I think the equipment is high quality,” girls basketball coach Ryan Henry said. “I like their dark colors. I think it makes us look more fearsome.”

The athletes love the new uniforms and warm ups also. They believe that the new gear can benefit them as an athlete. The flexibility of the shoes can help them with their speed and pivots on the field.

“The colors go very well with our schools colors,” sophomore Tyson Tarver said. “I love when we maroon all out. It makes our team look good.”

Getting new equipment can boost the team’s confidence and make them feel good about playing, whether it’s the fabric or the tints of the colors.

“It’s nicer than usual,” senior Marquis Blakey said. “We usually don’t get nice stuff but this year we got a lot of stuff.